Please forward your resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a well-established mid-size local accounting firm in Ottawa with clients across Canada. Our clients are small to mid-size private corporations, not for profit and charitable entities, Estates and Trusts and individuals. Our services include accounting, controllership, business management services, financial statement preparation, assurance, income and commodity taxation and more. We are a paperless office that uses and values technology. Our people remain the driving force behind our continued success. At Andrews & Co. you can expect to have a rewarding and exciting career. We take care of our people. We understand that our staff is our greatest asset so we offer a competitive salary, paid personal days, health and dental benefits and firm sponsored events in a team environment. If you are looking for professional growth opportunities in the east end of Ottawa, we would love to meet you!
We are currently looking for an Entry Level Bilingual Accountant to join our Hartel Financial Management Corporation team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full cycle accounting, including accounts payable and receivables using Simply/QuickBooks/Adagio
- GST/HST and sales tax reconciliation and preparation of government remittances
- Payroll preparation
- Bank reconciliation (both manual and software prepared)
- Printing of financial reports and distribution to various parties
- Identifying capital asset purchases, disposition and recording
- Liaising and training clients in bookkeeping/accounting
- Ability to travel to clients’ location to perform all of the above if required
- Preparation of T4/T5/T5018/WSIB and similar forms
- Light administrative duties including organization and filing of client information
- Use of Excel, Word, CaseWare, QuickBooks, Simply, SAP etc.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree from a recognized business program
- You are detail oriented, organized and can work independently
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to speak and write in English and French
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Working towards a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
Please forward your resume to email@example.com . We thank you for your time and interest in Andrews & Co. and we look forward to hearing from you. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.