We are a well established mid-size local public accounting firm in Ottawa with clients across Canada. Our clients are small to mid-size private corporations, not for profit and charitable entities, Estates and Trusts and individuals and First Nations communities. Our services include accounting, controllership, business management services, financial statement preparation, assurance, income and commodity taxation and more. We are a paperless office that uses and values technology. We put our employees and clients first with very modern, attractive offices, and a focus on work-life balance. Our people remain the driving force behind our continued success.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, well organized, detail oriented individual to join our Financial Management team. As part of the team, you will be responsible for providing accounting and bookkeeping services to our clients throughout the year including all the functions of a busy finance/accounting department. Experience is preferred but not required.
Duties and responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Organization and filing of client information
- Recording revenues and expense using all journals/modules in Simply/QuickBooks/Adagio
- GST/HST and sales tax reconciliation and preparation
- Payroll preparation
- Bank reconciliation (both manual and software prepared)
- Printing of financial reports
- Identifying capital asset purchases, disposition and recording
- Use of Excel/Word/CaseWare/QuickBooks/Simply/SAP etc
- Training clients in bookkeeping/accounting
- Travelling to client’s location to perform all of the above is required
- Preparation of T4/T5/T5018/WSIB and similar forms
- Light administrative duties as needed
You possess a post-secondary diploma or degree from a recognized business program. You are detail oriented, organized and can work independently. Ability to speak and write in both English and French would be a strong asset.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you for your time and interest in Andrews & Co. and look forward to hearing from you.