We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, organized, detail oriented individual to join our Public Accounting team. As part of the team, you will be responsible for providing traditional public accounting services to our clients throughout the year.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Preparation of personal and corporate tax returns
- Drafting financial statements
- Performing year end external audits
- Organization and filing of client information
- GST/HST and sales tax reconciliation and preparation
- Use of Excel/Word/CaseWare/QuickBooks/Simply/SAP etc
- Training clients in bookkeeping/accounting
- Occasionally travelling to clients’ locations to perform the above is required
- Preparation of T4/T5/T5018/WSIB and similar forms
- And more.
You possess a post-secondary diploma or degree from a recognized business program. You are detail oriented, organized and can work independently. Ability to speak and write in both English and French would be an asset. Related experience will be valued but is not required. This opportunity is best suited for candidates with the goal of becoming a CPA.
We are a well-established mid-size local public accounting firm in Ottawa with clients across Canada. Our clients are small to mid-size private corporations, not for profit and charitable entities, Estates and Trusts, and individuals. Our services include accounting, controllership, business management services, financial statement preparation, assurance, income and commodity taxation and more. We are a paperless office that uses and values technology. We put our employees and clients first with very modern, attractive offices, and a focus on work-life balance. Our people remain the driving force behind our continued success.
Please email Jobs@andrews.ca to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you for your time and interest in Andrews & Co. and we look forward to hearing from you.