We are a well-established mid-size local public accounting firm in Ottawa (Orleans) with clients across Canada. Our clients are small to mid-size private corporations, not for profit and charitable entities, Estates and Trusts, and individuals. Our services include accounting, controllership, business management services, financial statement preparation, assurance, income and commodity taxation and more. We are a paperless office that uses and values technology. We put our employees and clients first with very modern, attractive offices, and a focus on work-life balance. Our people remain the driving force behind our continued success.
We have a dynamic opportunity for an enthusiastic, organized, detail oriented individual to join our firm. As part of the team, you will be responsible for providing Tax Administrative support duties in varying capacities.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Complete various tax slips under manager supervision
- Complete remittance voucher(s) and electronic document filings
- Monitor tax return preparation and assist tax department with E-filing
- Work with team members to ensure the timely completion of compliance forms
- Update and complete tax control sheets for tax returns and other compliance documents
- Provide support to team members for tax related tasks
- Communicating and problem solve tax related issues with our clients
- Organization and internal filing of client information
- Other special projects as necessary
- Other administrative duties as needed
You are detail oriented, organized and possess strong communication skills. You are seeking a career in public accounting as a valued member of our tax department, but do not have a professional designation. You may have related experience or post-secondary education. Experience in a public accounting firm and the ability to speak and write in both English and French would be significant assets. Please note, this position does not meet the practical requirements for qualifying CPA students, and CPA students will not be considered for this position.
You will be working in a progressive environment that relies heavily on new technology.
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and a Windows environment is essential. Experience with tax preparation software would be ideal.
Please visit our website at www.andrews.ca for additional information about our firm. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you for your time and interest in Andrews & Co. and we look forward to hearing from you.