Your accounting partners.
Assurance. Compliance. Advice.
Simplifying your finances.
Whether you’re a new or existing business, non-profit, or seeking individual advice, our team practices with flexibility, clarity, and convenience in mind.
Accounting for business and life.
Our accounting experts provide a comprehensive list of financial services in audit and assurance, taxes, business management, and financial statements.
We work with your goals in mind.
Building positive and trusting relationships alongside perceptive financial solutions.
Welcoming and supporting new partners and accountants.
Please forward your resume to Human Resources at email@example.com
We are a well-established mid-size local accounting firm in Ottawa with clients across Canada. Our clients are small to mid-size private corporations, not for profit and charitable entities, Estates and Trusts and individuals. Our services include accounting, controllership, business management services, financial statement preparation, assurance, income and commodity taxation and more. We are a paperless office that uses and values technology. Our people remain the driving force behind our continued success. At Andrews & Co. you can expect to have a rewarding and exciting career. We take care of our people. We understand that our staff is our greatest asset so we offer a competitive salary, paid personal days, health and dental benefits and firm sponsored events in a team environment. If you are looking for professional growth opportunities in the east end of Ottawa, we would love to meet you!
We are currently looking for an Accounting Technician to join our Deskk Accounting Services Corporation team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Organization and filing of client information
• Recording revenues and expenses using all journals/modules in Simply/QuickBooks
• GST/HST and sales tax reconciliation and preparation
• Payroll preparation
• Bank reconciliation (both manual and software prepared)
• Printing of financial reports
• Identifying capital asset purchases, disposition and recording
• Use of Excel/Word/CaseWare/QuickBooks/Simply/SAP etc.
• Training clients in bookkeeping/accounting
• Travelling to clients’ location to perform all of the above if required
• Accounting for investments
• Preparation of T4/T5/T5018/WSIB and similar forms
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
• Post-secondary diploma or degree from a recognized business program
• You are detail oriented, organized and can work independently
• You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to speak and write in English and French
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . We thank you for your time and interest in Andrews & Co. and we look forward to hearing from you. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.