Your accounting partners.
Assurance. Compliance. Advice.
Simplifying your finances.
Whether you’re a new or existing business, non-profit, or seeking individual advice, our team practices with flexibility, clarity, and convenience in mind.
Accounting for business and life.
Our accounting experts provide a comprehensive list of financial services in audit and assurance, taxes, business management, and financial statements.
We work with your goals in mind.
Building positive and trusting relationships alongside perceptive financial solutions.
Welcoming and supporting new partners and accountants.
Entry Level Staff Accountant/Bookkeeper
We have an exciting opportunity for a CPA student looking to gain relevant experience and professional hours. We are a well-established mid-size local public accounting firm in Ottawa with clients across Canada. Our clients are small to mid-size private corporations, not for profit and charitable entities, Estates and Trusts and individuals. As part of the team, you will be responsible for providing accounting and bookkeeping services to our clients throughout the year including all the functions of a busy finance/accounting department.
- Preparation of personal and corporate tax returns
- Drafting financial statements
- Performing year end external audits
• Organization and filing of client information
• GST/HST and sales tax reconciliation and preparation
• Use of Excel/Word/CaseWare/QuickBooks/Simply/SAP etc
• Training clients in bookkeeping/accounting
• Occasionally travelling to clients’ locations to perform the above if required
• Preparation of T4/T5/T5018/WSIB and similar forms
• And more.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Working towards a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Ability to speak and write in English (French is an asset)
- Post-secondary diploma or Degree from a recognized business program
- Detail oriented, organized and can work independently
To apply, please provide your resume to email@example.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you for your time and interest in Andrews & Co. and we look forward to hearing from you.
We have an exciting entry level opportunity for an enthusiastic, organized, details oriented individual to join our Business Management Service team. As part of the team, you will be responsible for providing accounting and bookkeeping services to our clients throughout the year including all the functions of a busy finance/accounting department. In addition, you will be preparing financial reports that our clients depend upon.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Organization and filing of client information
- Recording revenues and expense using all journals/modules in Simply/QuickBooks
- GST/HST and sales tax reconciliation and preparation
- Payroll preparation
- Bank reconciliation (both manual and software prepared)
- Printing of financial reports
- Identifying capital asset purchases, disposition and recording
- Use of Excel/Word/CaseWare/QuickBooks/Simply/SAP etc.
- Training clients in bookkeeping/accounting
- Travelling to clients’ location to perform all of the above if required
- Accounting for investments
- Preparation of T4/T5/T5018/WSIB and similar forms
- Light administrative duties as needed
- And more.
You possess a post-secondary diploma or degree from a recognized business program. You are detail oriented, organized and can work independently. Ability to speak and write in both English and French would be a strong asset. This role is suitable for CPA students not immediately pursuing their public license.
We are a well-established mid-size local public accounting firm in Ottawa with clients across Canada. Our clients are small to mid-size private corporations, not for profit and charitable entities, Estates and Trusts and individuals. Our services include accounting, controllership, business management services, financial statement preparation, assurance, income and commodity taxation and more. We are a paperless office that uses and values technology. We put our employees and clients first with very modern, attractive offices. Our people remain the driving force behind our continued success.
Please email Jobs@andrews.ca to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you for your time and interest in Andrews & Co. and we look forward to hearing from you.