Your accounting partners.
Assurance. Compliance. Advice.
Simplifying your finances.
Whether you’re a new or existing business, non-profit, or seeking individual advice, our team practices with flexibility, clarity, and convenience in mind.
Accounting for business and life.
Our accounting experts provide a comprehensive list of financial services in audit and assurance, taxes, business management, and financial statements.
We work with your goals in mind.
Building positive and trusting relationships alongside perceptive financial solutions.
Welcoming and supporting new partners and accountants.
We are currently seeking an experienced, motivated and client driven individual to join our accounting and assurance team in the capacity of Senior Manager.
If you are looking for professional growth opportunities in the east end of Ottawa, we would love to meet you!
At Andrews & Co. you can expect to have a rewarding and exciting career. We take care of our people. We understand that our staff is our greatest asset so we offer a competitive salary, paid personal days, health and dental benefits and firm sponsored events in a team environment.
Success in this role will require strong organizational and management skills along with prior experience in business development activities, managing both assurance and non-assurance client engagements and staff development.
You will become a key member of our multi-disciplined team whose role will be focused on helping clients achieve their goals through expert assurance, business advisory and tax services, management of internal work flow and allocation of resources
Successful candidates will also mentor and assist with the development of professional staff as they progress in their professional careers.
As a Senior Manager you will:
- Apply technical expertise and research in formulating client related recommendations in accordance with professional standards and Firm policies;
- Manage multiple engagements concurrently with sound project management principles;
- Develop and maintain meaningful relationships with assigned clients;
- Conduct pre-engagement planning with the engagement team and scope, plan and manage assignments for maximum profitability and efficiency while maintaining Firm standards;
- Complete the detailed review of assurance and non-assurance engagements to ensure they are in accordance with professional and Firm standards;
- Coach staff to their highest potential by developing their skills and competencies through supervision, consistent recognition and encouragement, mentoring and assignment of client files;
- Conduct and/or provide input on performance evaluations;
- Meet with clients regarding financial statements, other business matters and engagement issues;
- Manage work flow, from initial receipt of information through scheduling, staff allocation and planning and on to final client sign off; and
- Manage staff administrative issues including vacation scheduling and approval, and timesheet validation;
You will hold a Professional accounting designation (CPA);
- a minimum of ten years’ experience in public practice with a minimum of five years at the manager experience level;
- Advanced accounting, auditing and tax skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple deadlines;
- Ability to work flexible hours;
- Experience with CaseWare, Caseview and DTMax considered an asset;
- Bilingual in English and French considered an asset.
Please email Jobs@andrews.ca to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you for your time and interest in Andrews & Co. and we look forward to hearing from you.
We have an exciting entry level opportunity for an enthusiastic, organized, details oriented individual to join our Business Management Service team. As part of the team, you will be responsible for providing accounting and bookkeeping services to our clients throughout the year including all the functions of a busy finance/accounting department. In addition, you will be preparing financial reports that our clients depend upon.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
• Organization and filing of client information • Recording revenues and expense using all journals/modules in Simply/QuickBooks • GST/HST and sales tax reconciliation and preparation • Payroll preparation • Bank reconciliation (both manual and software prepared) • Printing of financial reports • Identifying capital asset purchases, disposition and recording • Use of Excel/Word/CaseWare/QuickBooks/Simply/SAP etc. • Training clients in bookkeeping/accounting • Travelling to clients’ location to perform all of the above if required • Accounting for investments • Preparation of T4/T5/T5018/WSIB and similar forms • Light administrative duties as needed • And more.
You possess a post-secondary diploma or degree from a recognized business program. You are detail oriented, organized and can work independently. Ability to speak and write in both English and French would be a strong asset. This role is suitable for CPA students not immediately pursuing their public license.
We are a well-established mid-size local public accounting firm in Ottawa with clients across Canada. Our clients are small to mid-size private corporations, not for profit and charitable entities, Estates and Trusts and individuals. Our services include accounting, controllership, business management services, financial statement preparation, assurance, income and commodity taxation and more. We are a paperless office that uses and values technology. We put our employees and clients first with very modern, attractive offices. Our people remain the driving force behind our continued success.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you for your time and interest in Andrews & Co. and we look forward to hearing from you.