28 Jun Staff Accountant
We are a well-established mid-size local accounting firm in Ottawa with clients across Canada. Our clients are small to mid-size private corporations, not-for-profit and charitable entities, Estates and Trusts and individuals. Our services include accounting, controllership, business management services, financial statement preparation, assurance, income and commodity taxation and more. We are a paperless office that uses and values technology. Our people remain the driving force behind our continued success. At Andrews & Co. you can expect to have a rewarding and exciting career. We take care of our people. We understand that our staff is our greatest asset so we offer a competitive salary, paid personal days, health and dental benefits and firm sponsored events in a team environment. If you are looking for professional growth opportunities in the east end of Ottawa, we would love to meet you!
We are a member firm of Nexia International, a leading worldwide network of independent accounting firms, providing clients with national and international audit, accounting, tax and advisory services in a cohesive, personal and customized matter. What does this mean for you? Being apart of Nexia International provides opportunities to attend staff training, global conferences and offers unique networking opportunities. Additionally, once a year we participate in Nexia Day Worldwide, a global event which allows us to give back to our respective communities and show our appreciation to our staff.
We are currently looking for a Staff Accountant to join our team. This role is suitable for CPA students not immediately pursuing their public license.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organization and filing of client information
- Recording revenues and expenses using all journals/modules in Simply/QuickBooks
- GST/HST and sales tax reconciliation and preparation
- Payroll preparation
- Bank reconciliation (both manual and software prepared)Printing of financial reports
- Identifying capital asset purchases, disposition and recording
- Use of Excel, Word, CaseWare, QuickBooks, Simply, SAP etc.
- Training clients in bookkeeping/accounting
- Travelling to clients’ location to perform all of the above if required
- Accounting for investments
- Preparation of T4/T5/T5018/WSIB and similar forms
- Light administrative duties as needed
- And more.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree from a recognized business program
- You are detail-oriented, organized and can work independently
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to speak and write in English (French would be considered a strong asset)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Working towards a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you for your time and interest in Andrews & Co. and we look forward to hearing from you. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
**ONLY PDF RESUMES WILL BE VIEWED**