17 Feb DESKK, Team Lead
**WORK FROM ANYWHERE IN CANADA – FULLY REMOTE POSITIONS AVAILABLE**
We are a well-established mid-size local accounting firm in Ottawa with clients across Canada. Our clients are small to mid-size private corporations, not for profit and charitable entities, Estates and Trusts and individuals. Our services include accounting, controllership, business management services, financial statement preparation, assurance, income, and commodity taxation and more.
We are a paperless office that uses and values technology. Our people remain the driving force behind our continued success. At Andrews & Co. you can expect to have a rewarding and exciting career. We take care of our people. We understand that our staff is our greatest asset, and we make sure our staff are treated as such by offering competitive salaries, benefits, learning opportunities, career growth and more.
If you are looking for professional growth opportunities with the ability to work remotely, we would love to hear from you!
We are a member of Nexia International, a leading worldwide network of independent accounting firms, providing clients with national and international audit, accounting, tax and advisory services in a cohesive, personal and customized matter.
What does this mean for you? Being apart of Nexia International provides opportunities to attend staff training, global conferences and offers unique networking opportunities.
We are currently looking for a Team Lead to join our sister company ‘Deskk Accounting Services Corporation’.
Deskk is our managed bookkeeping, controllership division that operates as a sister company to Andrews & Co within the same office. Deskk specializes in full cycle accounting support for our small to medium sized clients.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review of month and year-end work prepared by senior staff in a team approach
- Mentor junior and senior staff
- Ensure various deadlines are being met
- Monthly financial reporting
- Cash flow management
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Assist with annual external audits
- Assist controllers with various complex accounting tasks
- Main point of contact with clients
- Set-up and onboarding of small to medium size for profit and non-for-profit organizations
- Organization and filing of client information using cloud based technology
- Review of GST/HST/WSIB remittance
- Review of payroll reports and processing
- And more.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree from a recognized business program
- Minimum 4 years of similar experience
- You are detail oriented, organized and can work independently
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great communication skills (written and oral) in English (French would be considered an asset)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Training clients in bookkeeping/accounting
- CPA considered an asset
- Three weeks vacations per year (starting). Four weeks vacation after 5 years.
- Eight personal days per year
- Reimbursement of education costs upon successful completion of each course taken towards one professional designation or other program considered to be an asset.
- Company paid health and dental benefits (company pays for 50% of the cost)
- Company paid social events
Please forward your resume to Jobs@andrews.ca. We thank you for your time and interest in Andrews & Co. and Deskk. We look forward to hearing from you. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
**ONLY PDF RESUMES WILL BE REVIEWED**