17 Sep Accounting Technician
Please forward your resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a well-established mid-size local accounting firm in Ottawa with clients across Canada. Our clients are small to mid-size private corporations, not for profit and charitable entities, Estates and Trusts and individuals.
Our services include accounting, controllership, virtual CFO, business management services, financial statement preparation, assurance, income and commodity taxation and more.
We are a paperless office that uses and values technology. Our people remain the driving force behind our continued success. At Andrews & Co. you can expect to have a rewarding and exciting career. We understand that our staff is our greatest asset so we offer a competitive salary, vacation, paid personal days, summer hours, health and dental benefits and firm sponsored events in a team environment.
If you are looking for professional growth opportunities in the east end of Ottawa, we would love to meet you!
We are currently looking for an Accounting Technician to join our Deskk Accounting Services Corporation team. Deskk is a sister company of Andrews and Co that specializes in bookkeeping, controllership, CFO and business management services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organization and filing of client information
- Recording accounting transactions using applicable accounting software.
- Preparation and reconciliation of various government remittances such as GST/HST, WSIB etc.
- Payroll preparation
- Bank reconciliation (both manual and software prepared)
- Identifying capital asset purchases, disposition and recording
- Use of Excel/Word/CaseWare/QuickBooks/Simply/SAP etc.
- Occasional training of clients in bookkeeping/accounting
- Travelling to clients’ location to perform all of the above if required
- Accounting for investments
- Reconciling various GL accounts
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree from a recognized business program
- You are detail oriented, organized and can work independently
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to speak and write in English and French is an asset
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Working towards a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation is a asset
Please forward your resume to email@example.com. We thank you for your time and interest in Andrews & Co. and we look forward to hearing from you. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.