28 Jun Senior Staff Accountant
We are a well-established mid-size local accounting firm in Ottawa with clients across Canada. Our clients are small to mid-size private corporations, not-for-profit and charitable entities, Estates and Trusts and individuals. Our services include accounting, controllership and business management services, financial statement preparation, assurance, income and commodity taxation and more. We are a paperless office that uses and values technology. Our people remain the driving force behind our continued success. At Andrews & Co. you can expect to have a rewarding and exciting career. We take care of our people. We understand that our staff is our greatest asset so we offer a competitive salary, paid personal days, health and dental benefits and firm sponsored events in a team environment. If you are looking for professional growth opportunities in the east end of Ottawa, we would love to meet you!
We are a member firm of Nexia International, a leading worldwide network of independent accounting firms, providing clients with national and international audit, accounting, tax and advisory services in a cohesive, personal and customized matter. What does this mean for you? Being apart of Nexia International provides opportunities to attend staff training, global conferences and offers unique networking opportunities. Additionally, once a year we participate in Nexia Day Worldwide, a global event which allows us to give back to our respective communities and show our appreciation to our staff.
We are currently looking for a Senior Staff Accountant to join our team. This role is suitable for CPA students not immediately pursuing their public license.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review of work prepared by junior staff in a team approach
- Carry out month end closing procedures for controllership clients
- Assist controllers with various complex accounting tasks
- Main point of contact with clients
- Set-up and onboarding of small to medium size for-profit and non-for-profit organizations
- Organization and filing of client information using cloud-based technology
- Recording revenues and expenses using various accounting software’s and cloud-based technology
- GST/HST and sales tax reconciliation, preparation and review
- Payroll preparation and review
- Review of financial reports
- And more.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree from a recognized business program
- Minimum 2 years of similar experience
- You are detail-oriented, organized and can work independently
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to speak and write in English (French would be considered a strong asset)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Working towards a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation (considered an asset but not required)
Please forward your resume to email@example.com. We thank you for your time and interest in Andrews & Co. and we look forward to hearing from you. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
**ONLY PDF RESUMES WILL BE VIEWED**